Who Am I?
- musician/performer of the flute and hammered dulcimer
- semi-inactive member of Markland
- founder of The Griffin's Den
- proprietor/designer/builder of Griffin Music dulcimers
- just another Wandering Lost Soul
Why am I "The Lost"?
It's a statement about my life, both mundane and as a reenactor. Friends of mine
who know me best say that the title is quite appropriate in some respects....
Why did I make this Pennsic Information Web Site?
Because: (choose one)
- it was an idea I had while trying to stay awake on one long 12 hour trip home from Pennsic
- I thought I had something to say
- to dispel bad rumors about Pennsic War
- there weren't enough pictures on the Web about Pennsic
- Pennsic War deserves "first person" descriptions and stories
- Pennsic War needs a community where people can interact the other 50 weeks of the year
- all of the above
- none of the above
What do I do?
Many people might remember me as the merchant on Street of Gold in a two-story
pavilion called The Griffin's Den where I sold my
hammered dulcimers under the label of Griffin
Music. Several years have passed since I last merchanted, but I still
perform flute music in the common areas each year.
Musician, eh? What do I play?
I am proficient in the hammered
dulcimer and six-hole Renaissance-style keyless open-hole
flute which I play in traditional Irish style. I don't make flutes (yet)
so the ones I play are by Eamonn Cotter and Patrick Olwell. Slowly but surely, I
am picking up bombarde because of my incredible love for Breton music.
Even more slowly I am working on Celtic harp and oboe. Someday
I hope to work on Irish Bouzouki because I love the sound of it.
My musical pursuits follow mostly the Celtic traditional style, including Irish, Scottish,
Breton, English, and Northumbrian. I also have a strong repertoire in English Country
and Medieval (i.e. Arbeau) dance music which is popular in the S.C.A. While relaxing
at home, I enjoy
Classical (esp. Rimsky-Korsakov, Vivaldi),
Celtic (Lunasa, Altan, Bothy Band, Silly Wizard, Chieftans, Deanta, Solas, Dervish),
Punk (Bad Religion, Yellowcard, Lagwagon, AFI, Offspring),
Rock (Metallica, Genesis, (early) Kansas),
and other miscellaneous Folk (Wild Asparagus, Alan Stivell, Tammles, Loreena McKennitt,
George Winston). This is by no means a comprehensive list.
Last updated: 20-Aug-2003
Pennsic.net Home -
Pennsic People Database -
Didn't find what you're looking for? Try the Index of Topics
©1995-2016 Alexander. All Rights Reserved.