Frequently Asked Questions on Visiting / First-Timers
Have a Question not answered here? Post it to our FAQ message board!
- This is my first time. What should I bring?
- Check out my pack list.
- I'd like to visit for just a day/weekend. Can I do that?
- Yes, but you must pay the full site fee (up to $135) to cover your stay
for the entire event. In other words, you cannot just "day-trip." The only way
to get in is to be a fully paid, fully registered participant of the event regardless
of how long you actually stay.
- Do you have to be a member of the S.C.A. to participate?
- No. Membership is not required at this time, though it may be in the future. Non-members
must pay a higher fee, supposedly for extra liability insurance. You may be interested to
know that a significant percentage of attendees (maybe 30% or more) are not members.
- Do SCA members receive a discount?
- Yes. There is a nominal (about $20) discount for being a member of the S.C.A.
Note that you must provide proof of membership which can be a member card or copy
of your kingdom newsletter. It must show proof that your membership is current.
In the past there has been a membership signup booth on-site allowing you
to register and get the discount immediately, however this booth is not open
every day of war.
- Where can I get current information?
- There are many on-line resources for information. If you have a specific
question you might want to try posting to the Pennsic Tribes board at
www.tribe.net, or to the Usenet group
rec.org.sca (a.k.a. "The Rialto"). Schedules for battles and classes
are available in a booklet handed out at Troll.
- Do I have to pre-register to attend?
- Pre-registration is not a requirement, however there are some advantages such
as a discount on your site fee. For more details on
pre-registration, see this page.
- Can I get into Pennsic War as a member of the Press?
- Yes, there is a Media Liaison you need to contact in order to arrange for a
press pass and an escort. Contact the S.C.A. several weeks before
Pennsic War to make arrangements.
Post a FAQ to our message board - -
Read FAQ Message board
Pennsic.net Home -
Pennsic People Database -
Didn't find what you're looking for? Try the Index of Topics
©1995-2016 Alexander. All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated: 06-Jun-2004